The oak sleeps in the acorn


Who am I?

I'm 28, soon to be 29. Female. Caucasian and American, from a pretty varied cultural background. Overweight, bordering on obese according to BMI. Single, social life in fairly sad shape, but wanting a family. Two dogs, one cat. Reader, occasional artist, semi professional singer, baker, good cook, student, professional tailor (of all things).

Unfulfilled, dissatisfied. Living with my parents. Victim of a bad, emotionally fucked up relationship a few years back that has led to many difficulties in the here and now. Emotional overeater, gourmand, chronically sedentary.

Wanting to change! I'm here, in fact, to change and to document that change. I am tired of sabotaging myself. I have three simple to state, difficult to achieve goals:

-Fix my relationship with food. I need to be satisfied with eating smaller amounts of healthier foods, and treating my own nutritional needs with the same care with which I treat my pets' and would treat my children's. Especially important given I am, in fact, a nutrition major.

-Become an athlete. Not a professional, obviously, but someone who can without stretching the definition call herself an athlete. In my case I'd like to focus on running, with the goal of running in a half marathon by the end of next year.

-Give back. I want to be spending 10% of my time and money on charitable activity. I talk the talk- time to walk the walk.

Wish me luck! And stand by for updates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment